Welcome to PNGCS !
The Papua New Guinea Computer Society (PNGCS) is a registered association under the Associations Incorporation Act founded in 2005 for the Information and Communication technology professionals in Papua New Guinea.
The main aim of PNGCS is to diverse membership base, reflecting our commitment to support ICT professionals throughout their career, from student to new graduate to middle management and executive level. So, The PNG Computer Society is a professional body where computer professionals meet to exchange views and information, to learn and share ideas and ensures membrs keep up to date with industry trends, research, technologies and issues.
We aim at a large and active membership from all levels of the industry. Our members see us as the public voice of their profession, and the guardian of our Code of Ethics and professional conduct and practice within the ICT industry
The values and ideals to which PNGCS members subscribe include competence, honesty, social implications, professional development, integrity and professionalism. These benefit employers and the community by establishing trusts and instilling confidence in ICT, while enhancing the competence and prestige of the profession.
The objects and purposes of the Society are:
- Facilitating information Communication Technology (ICT) graduates to enhance their knowledge and skill.
- Organising ICT seminars, workshops for the members and public at large.
- Sharing information, knowledge and skills among all interested persons and organizations.
- Be a professional body of the ICT professionals and cater for their needs.
- To apply the profits (if any) or any other income in promoting its objects; and
- To prohibit the payment of any dividend or payment in the nature of a dividend to its members; and
- To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects or any of them.